Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Completed Plastic Models- Fujimi Mig 21bis (smt)



 In continuing with my stride and love for aircraft in 1/72nd scale I share this one with you all, a Fujimi Mig 21 kit build about four years ago. It is painted and marked for the Yugoslavian Air Force during the Cold War.
          Now is where it gets strange for this build. As I remember, the model kit was bought at a swap meet and also my first Mig 21 kit. It is in fact a SMT variant disguised as a BIS variant. The decals are aftermarket and the kits horizontal stab and nose section were replaced with ones from Quickboost. The armament comes from spares in my aircraft parts boxes; I believe they are Hasegawa parts, the "sidewinders" are also disguised as being Russian but are early AIM-9 missiles, exercising my creative freedom here! It was painted with Model Master Camouflage grey (if i remember correctly) and cleared with Testors clears.
          I did enjoy this kit and have since then accumulated well over 10 Mig 21 kits which will undoubtedly be shared on this blog. Hope you enjoy these pictures. Also the scene was created by using the display stand from Trumpeter and a few tripods. I can share the rig if you are interested in seeing it. TRWBM    


No comments:

Post a Comment